Nigerian student sells baby for N70,000



A desperate student of Offa Polytechnic, Kwara
state has sold her 3-week-old baby for N70K
The suspect identified as Idiat Babatunde reportedly
handed her baby over to a traditional medical
doctor, Onalaja Olawole who in turn sold the
innocent baby to a childless couple in Lagos.
Idiat agreed to sell her baby to one Mr & Mrs
Ayogbemile for N300,000 but they could only
raise N136,000 which she later agreed to collect
from them.
The deal was exposed by the vigilant landlord of the
childless couple who alerted the police.
Police investigation exposed Dr Onalaja who
reportedly paid Idiat N70,000 out of the N136,000
the couple paid him.
Read Idiat’s confessional statement below:
“I delivered the baby on September 5, but because
of issues of missing script and clearance, I needed
to rush down to my school in Kwara State.
I left for Kwara on September 12. I did not want
anything to affect my going for my National Youth
Service. I left my baby with the doctor because he
and my husband are friends. I know that his wife
had just delivered a baby and she would be able to
take care of my baby. I never knew he would sell
my baby. I trusted him.”
Mrs. Ayogbemile said:
“I’ve known the ‘doctor’ since 2013. He had been
treating me because I used to have miscarriages.
He called me last year that I should adopt a child
but I said no. Soon after, my husband and I had a
quarrel and we separated. “The ‘doctor’ called me
last week. He said that he had a baby girl for me. I
did not know that the baby’s mother was not aware
of the deal. The ‘doctor’ said he would prepare
papers for us at Alausa, Ikeja.”
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO),
Joe Offor, said that Idiat sold the baby out of
desperation. He said that Idiat had a fall out with her
lover and was struggling alone.
He added: “It was an outright sale. Idiat collected
the money.

Mobile Corner

STARTING A COMPUTER BUSINESS CENTER

Starting a computer business center Lately, there has been a lot of racket about starting a computer business centre in this website. Que...